Wilson Air Center Ramp Rehab
Beginning Monday April 3rd, 2017 Wilson Air Center will undergo ramp resurfacing
Phase 1 Construction Operational Guidelines
During Phase 1 of this Ramp Rehab, our operations
will switch over to the North Ramp as the South Ramp
will be closed to arriving and departing aircraft.
- Line can, however, use areas in the construction zone for RON parking. This means towing aircraft only.
- Delta line will be the last area for construction in Phase 1 due to the removal of the tie down rods in the ramp.
During Phase 1, inbound aircraft are to proceed directly to Wilson North
- The Follow Me is to lead the aircraft to an available parking spot
- All aircraft are to face west
- The line closest to the Wilson North ramp door will be known as the Bravo line
- Each line after that will be known as Charlie and Delta
Out bound aircraft will turn out toward south then turn west to exit the ramp.
- Wing walkers may be necessary as the space between aircraft and the building may be tight
- A look out may also be necessary as aircraft will be exiting the ramp the same way inbounds are entering the ramp
- Be very cautious during this time
Aircraft remaining overnight are to be located in the areas as followed
- Group One can be used as normal
- Charter line may be used if there are no charters planned
- The construction area may be used as a last resort.
- RON in the construction area can only be used as a last resort
- Shade ports: The shade ports are scheduled to be demolished beginning on April 5th-April 11th.
- After they are removed light aircraft may be relocated to this area.
- Wing walkers may be required.
Vehicles may enter the construction areas that are not barricaded off only if it is the safest and most direct route to Wilson South or GSE equipment parking.
- Passenger transit:
- All passengers and crew are to be transported to/from Wilson south unless told otherwise.
- This is to avoid confusion for our customers on where they should be.
- Line Service:
- Some equipment may remain located on the south ramp
FBO RAMP ENTRY DOOR CONCRETE REHAB
Beginning April 6th through April 14, the concrete at the Wilson South main entry will undergo rehab. During this portion of the project, the main doors will not be accessible to enter or egress from the FBO building. The VIP Room side entry (located on west side of building) will be the main point of entry and exit for passengers, crew, and Wilson staff to access the ramp.
- Again, the area in front of the terminal will be unusable at this time.
- All shuttle vehicles are to use Alpha for travel to and from the Wilson North Ramp
Wilson North Building
During Phase 1 Construction, Wilson North will be a main ramp of our operations. Wilson North is not intended to be the main passenger terminal. This is primarily due to street-side vehicle parking and to not confuse our customers on which terminal to use.
- Wilson North will be staffed with 1 CSR and 1 Concierge
- There will be two shuttle buses and golf carts on the ramp to ensure efficiency of transporting customers back and forth from Wilson North
- Wilson North will also be the primary location of line service.
The North Building will have a POS for pilots who wish to pay quickly or quick turns. Ice, Coffee, and Papers will also be available in the North Building to reduce excessive traffic between North and South Ramps.
The doorway to the parking lot at Wilson North will be unlocked between the hours of 0600 and 2200. After 2200 and before 0600 the door will require a badge for access into the building.
Line may store some equipment in the ramp parking spaces in front of Wilson North.
This website will be updated as new information becomes available so be be sure to check in regularly.